If you’re a woman over 50 and you’ve been researching fasting products or looking into getting a gym membership lately, chances are you may be curious about what the best approach to exercise and diet is in your age group. As you grow older, staying on top of your health is more important than ever before. From eating well to breaking a sweat regularly and more, there are a few easy habits you can get into that could help ward off certain diseases and keep you in good health for the years and decades ahead. Not sure how to get yourself motivated for a healthy lifestyle? This quick exercise and diet guide could help.
Importance Of A Good Diet and Exercise Plan
First things first: the key to any diet and exercise regimen, whether it involves vegetarian meals, intermittent fasting for menopause or daily weight-lifting, is staying motivated. In order to keep up with your healthy routine, you may need some benefits to spur you on. That’s why it’s important to remember that a good diet and exercise plan can potentially help you:
- Ward off nutritional deficiencies common in older age
- Stay healthy and avoid age-related degenerative diseases
- Keep muscles strong and retain mobility for longer
- Avoid becoming overweight and feeling sluggish or under the weather
- Maintain a positive, healthy outlook and good levels of self-esteem
How To Suppress Cravings During a Fast
The key to a well-rounded lifestyle is finding ways to balance your physical activity with your food intake. In a nutshell, your diet and exercise habits should be guided by a philosophy of balance and moderation. For example, you could pair regular cardio exercise with occasional strategic fasting to ease menopause symptoms. If you do choose to incorporate intermittent fasting as part of your regular dietary practices, however, be sure to avoid breaking the fast in order to reap the full benefits. If you’re having trouble suppressing cravings during your fast, you may find it useful to:
- Pick up new hobbies to take your mind off of the fast
- Lean on support groups and your loved ones to help motivate you
- Keep your eyes on the prize and remind yourself why you started the fast to begin with
- Track your progress in a journal to help lift your spirits
- Eat adequate amounts of healthy food when not fasting to avoid feeling starved
Even if you’ve already hit the milestone of turning 50, you can still look forward to years of good health ahead if you adopt a healthy lifestyle complete with beneficial habits. Eating right and getting enough exercise can go a surprisingly long way in terms of helping you avoid degenerative diseases, keeping your body in good shape, regulating your weight and appetite and much more. Whether you’re just hoping to adopt a few extra good habits or whether you’re interested in doing a complete lifestyle overhaul, be sure to keep this easy exercise and diet guide handy for the future.