Getting the body of your dreams really doesn’t need to be a struggle. So many people try and then fail, that it can look difficult to begin with. Once you’ve done your research and you know the facts, you’ll soon realise that getting your dream body is close within your reach.
So, why do so many people fail? Because they go too hard too fast. Somebody that isn’t used to eating right or exercising decides they want to get a great body. They start going to the gym 6 or 7 days a week, and spend hours of the treadmill. I say treadmill because this is usually the main offender for people who don’t know what to do in the gym – it’s so easy to just jump on and stay on, but you definitely don’t need more than 30 minutes of it to get fit! They also decide that all they’re going to eat is salad, and stay under 1000 calories a day.
Because a person has started a regime that is not sustainable for life, they will soon either go back to their old ways and put back on everything they lost, or give up before trying another fad.
The way to get the body of your dreams is not to starve it, eat only salad, and spend hours doing cardio. You need to come up with a sustainable routine that you don’t mind sticking to FOREVER. This will get you results for the long run, give you the body of your dreams, and keep you healthy. So, what does a sustainable routine look like? For a beginner, probably something like this:
- Cardio 3 times per week for 30 minutes. Use different cardio machines so you don’t get bored, and even do some outdoors. There’s no reason to do anymore than 30 minutes, or you’ll start to burn muscle rather than fat. You’ll end up with a skinny fat appearance which is not a good look!
- Strength training 4-5 times per week for no longer than 1 hour. Mix things up by doing different all over body routines or do one bodypart per day.
- Stretching regularly to aid recovery. Find the best price for the Gravity 4000 on Amazon so you can stretch any time at home.
- Eat food to fuel your workouts. Eat clean, healthy foods such as lean meat, brown carbs, and lots of vegetables. Healthy fats are important too – they won’t make you fat!
- Allow yourself 1 cheat meal per week so you don’t have to cut out your favourite foods completely.
- Be consistent!
That’s it. Coming up with a routine you enjoy, that you can stick to and be consistent with is the key. As you’re doing things properly, it might take you longer to see results. However, it’s been proven that the quicker you lose your fat, the more you’ll keep it off.
If you want to progress more when you’re into your routine, you could do up to 6 sessions of cardio (ensuring that you’re not doing more than 30 mins), and use heavier weights. Always aim to do better and you’ll get that dream body in no time. It’s you against you, nobody else – go get that body!