Glenoaks Laser Center is now offering varicose vein treatment in Glendale. Sclerotherapy is a procedure in which an FDA-approved agent is injected directly into the damaged vein. The vein becomes nonfunctional and is eventually absorbed by the body, and blood flow is routed to healthy veins. This is the preferred treatment for small varicose veins, according to the doctor at Glenoaks Laser Center. Visit Healthcare News for more information about this treatment.
Varicose veins are veins that appear purple or blue against the skin. They occur as a result of the aging process, which causes the valves in the veins to malfunction. Blood pools in the vein, triggering the swollen, discolored appearance of the veins. Sclerotherapy offers patients several benefits, including improving the appearance of varicose, alleviating associated symptoms and creating a more attractive overall appearance for the legs. This treatment can only be performed by a medical professional.
The risk of varicose veins can be increased by several factors, including:
- Heredity, which accounts for up to half of all cases
- Advanced age
- Female hormones, which can increase the risk of developing varicose veins
- Pregnancy, which causes more strain on the veins in the legs
- Excess weight, which puts pressure on the veins
- Long periods of standing or sitting, particularly with the legs crossed or bent, which forces the veins to work harder
The right treatment can help restore confidence and increase comfort in those who suffer from varicose veins. Sclerotherapy is a safe, highly effective treatment that has been used since the early 1900s to shrink, fade and eliminate varicose and spider veins, and it is now the most common treatment used for these issues today.